50 fatti interessanti su Pink Floyd #8/10
36. The last Pink Floyd album Roger Waters appeared on was ‘The Final Cut’ - a work he conceived and wrote with no help from the others (David Gilmour expressed misgivings about the record later).
37. Waters took the other members of Pink Floyd to court in the mid-80s in the hope of barring them from continuing with the name. He recently admitted regretting the litigation.
38. Russian astronauts took ‘Delicate Sound of Thunder’ with them when they boarded the MIR space station in 1989, making it the first album to be played in space (that we know of).
39. The album ‘The Division Bell’ was named by The Hitchhiker’s Guide to the Galaxy author Douglas Adams.
40. Richard Wright was sacked from the band during ‘The Wall’ sessions for not pulling his weight. He returned to Pink Floyd for their 1987 Gilmour-led ‘A Momentary Lapse of Reason’ album, but for legal reasons was not reinstated as a full member again until the group toured ‘The Division Bell’ in 1994.